Saturday, July 9, 2011

Flea Market Finds

This morning my little brother and I headed off to the flea market. It was very crowded, especially my favorite spot (the fruits and veggies pavilion!) but we managed to get what we needed, and a few good deals!

This is what I found for my sister (I talked her down to $10, she wouldn't go any lower):
It will make the perfect little play kitchen for my nieces!!


It is solid wood, not that grainy fake wood. Really nice!
I think it's so cute:-)

I also bought a couple of copper cookie cutters for 50 cents each.
As far as produce and food:
1 flat of strawberries - $6!
3 Cucumbers - $1
2 heads of asparagus - $4
2 pints of blueberries - $3
1 head of leaf lettuce - $1

I wanted to buy cantaloupe from a guy - it looked so good and he had allot! But our arms and pull along cart were full, so we went to unload into the car first. When we got back he had already sold out.

At the "R Grocery" scratch and dent store (also at the flea market), I bought:
2 boxes of cereal - $3.50
Refried beans - 60 cents
3 packs of gum -$1.50
3 bags of tortilla chips for only - 89cents each!
a smallish bag of pretzels - 35 cents
Water bottle - 40 cents
Bag of Starbucks coffee for my siblings (doesn't expire till Sept. or Oct.) - $4.29

It was a pretty successful trip! I love flea marketing:-) Even if I don't buy anything, I love to walk around and look. And I love free samples:-) We got a free cup of coffee (that is $10 a bag!!) from a local business, free samples of chips with various salsas, and crackers with various jellies.

For lunch we bought a bag of cheese chunks for $1, and had that and pretzels. Yummy!

And now my fingers are sore from cutting up the whole flat of strawberries - some for fruit salad, and the rest mom is using to make strawberry short cake for supper!

No comments: