Saturday, January 7, 2012

Today has been a wonderful day!
I laid in bed until 8:00 (I wasn't sleeping, just enjoying the quiet, and the opportunity to lay there). After having devotions, I finished reading a wonderful book I got for Christmas "Kisses From Katie". It's about a missionary in Uganda - very inspiring! She is so young and so wise. It makes me excited to be a missionary. I drank lots of hazelnut coffee while I read... so cozy!
The day was so bright, the sun shining, the weather warm. I ate lunch around 11:00 (since I never really ate breakfast), then I went for a 3 and 3/4 mile walk/run. How refreshing! I love running and walking and spending that time talking to God.
When I returned home I got a load of laundry going, cleaned the cat litter box, swept the basement steps, mopped the kitchen floor, scrubbed down the kitchen cupboards, and had a refreshing shower (with new shower gel I got for Christmas, followed by new lotion!). Around 3:00 my sister came over with her 4.5 children, and at 3:30 our good friend (from miles away) arrived. She just left at 10:00 p.m. We enjoyed talking and talking and drinking tea and talking. Mom made baked chicken and salad and I made twice baked potatoes for dinner. My sister Andrea made her special chocolate cake with chocolate frosting for dessert.

I feel so refreshed. What a good day! Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You can come do my house next time you feel inspired to clean. I'll make you coffee and feed you chocolate.