Friday, July 22, 2011

R Grocery - Deals!

Today I went to the flea market with my brother and his friend (who I was babysitting). On the way home we stopped at a wonderful little store called "R Grocery". This is a "scratch and dent" store. I love going there because you can get great deals and save quite a bit on groceries that are marked down usually because the can is dented, or the box a little wrinkly, or the expiration date is in a few months.

I love to save money, and get good deals on things we need anyway. I love to see how much I can get for a much smaller price. It's so satisfying to me, and I feel like I am being a good steward (not that I think it is a sin to shop at big grocery stores! I just enjoy finding deals:-).

Today the deals included:
A few boxes of "yummy" cereal, which is a rare treat at our house!
Dunkin' Donuts coffee ($3.79- at Wal*Mart we'd pay 7 or 8 dollars), Starbucks coffee )$4.29), and a couple little Millstone coffees that I like:-) (45 cents... at Wal*Mart they are about $1.29)
3 cans of fat free refried beans (35 cents each!), and several cans of organic black beans, pinto beans, chick peas, and baked beans.
Most of the beans were marked down to 50 cents or less!

2 jars of spaghetti sauce (99 cents each), 2 cans of tomato sauce, 3 cans of peaches, Olive oil (only 2.99!), Italian dressing (half off so 25 cents!), parsley (we were out, and it was only 30 cents), Beano (69 cents)... , and I needed a travel size tooth paste - only 25 cents!

Also I bought 2 boxes of triscuits, a bag of tortilla chips, and a large jar of VERY DELICIOUS black bean and corn salsa, and yogurt - which we ate for lunch.

The total?
$35!

No comments: